- Combines post apocalyptic grit and high fantasy excitement.
- Mechanics that support collaborative story telling.
- A fantastic world that players can flesh out and make their own.
- Highly adaptable to your particular play style.
The Hodgepocalypse takes our crazy imagination and the 5e
game engine to make a world that dwells in a post-post-apocalyptic world with
1. The Post-Post Apocalypse of our World: Our world is ultimately making the ruins of
the future that reach deep into the uncanny valley of our familiarity. Since we started running this game, we have
had department stores that are pocket dimensions, Oil refineries that are
generate fuel from the byproduct of oozes and run post-apocalyptic full contact
hockey games with our system. Mixing the
now with the future allows us to come up with totally unique scenarios.
2. The Monstrous of Everyday Life: The Hodgepocalypse prides itself of presenting
monsters as people. We have pushed the boundaries
as best we can when it comes to character options. Besides a wide range of species available, we
have species talents that allow options that are thematically appropriate and
gives additional options for customization.
3. Crazy Plans and Getting Away with it: We pride our game in being able to resolve
issues in unconventional ways that are a balanced experience. Our Skill Montage system allows agency to use
spells, special abilities in a way to give you a memorial experience. We have
done cattle drives, cooking challenges, and giving our games a unique
4. Modern Equipment and Magic: The equipment is mostly our era with a few
crazy twists. We have shot rocket
launchers at flying vampires, ran our SUV into a gargantuan fiery ooze, and
used a sniper rifle at giant armored, industrial, militarized undead. Furthermore, we have Faustian Mechanics,
devices that merge the magical and technological. Even our spellcasters often have a fun twist
or two thanks to our spell fluctuation system.
5. Making the Local Special: One of the goals of this game has always been
taking your location on the planet and making it a fun experience. While much has been done as a world view, the
joy of the game is making it your own and presenting it to the world, so it is
awesome. As a proud Albertan, I have fun
taking landmarks like the gargantuan egg of Vegreville, the metal mushrooms of Vilna
and giving it a tone of its own that is gameable for your fun and mine. If you ever want to add your own color for a
particular area, contact us at email@example.com
and we will be more than happy to add its influence on the game.